Some great photos from our 2015 camp!
Our campers enjoyed drum making, played at the river, created sculptures from twigs, painted prayer flags, and generally had a great time. They are ready to come back next year (August 27 – 28, 2016), are you?
Celebrate the Earth Camp for Children and Youth this August!
Download Registration Form Here –
Please conplete the form and mail to:
Meredith Kendall, Strafford, VT, 05072 Camp Registration Form
Space is limited – please register now
Get ready for some fun as we combine environmental awareness and appreciation with inspired art-making and spiritual development in Strafford, Vermont. We will celebrate the Earth and Sun with children and youth yoga, introduce meditation and mindfulness through games and songs, explore the Earth’s science through projects such as terrarium building and making “Sun S’mores” and of course, getting messy with various art projects! We will also have musician Angus Munro making drums and many opportunities for sharing stories and artwork. Our children and youth workshops will be designed to fit a variety of age levels pre-K to 17. We hope you can join us for Celebrate the Earth Camp, that will parallel Our Children, Climate and Faith Symposium on Sat. August 8 and Sun. August 9 in Strafford, Vermont! There will be an activity fee for each child or youth for each day of camp that will include lunch.
- Dance for the Sun! We will learn & be inspired about the wonders of the Earth & its creatures through movement exploration, music, earth-related games & inspired yoga-play to capture our attention & imaginations as we refine their physical, social & emotional skills.
- Finding the Beat – Drum Making with guest artist Angus Munro – create your own drum with an expert craftsman & musician.
- Building Your Own Earth – Terrarium Building – create your own mini-environment of living plants & soil, & watch your earth grow!
- Make Sun S’mores! – you won’t need a campfire for these! Harness the energy of the Sun to make the best snack ever invented!
- Exploding Seed Balls! Take your gardening to the next level! Want to have some fun while making the world a greenerm ore environmentally friendly place? Make exploding balls of seeds that are both fun to throw & an easy way to grow native wildflowers.
- OOOMMM….Meditation & Mindfulness! Through music, games & books we will learn about meditation & mindfulness & its powers! Some activities include Listening to the Bell & Belly Breathing. We will make a “Mind Jar” & practice Mindful Eating.
- Bag an old T-Shirt! Don’t toss it; recycle it into a handy farmer’s market bag. Turn an old t-shirt into a handy, reusable bag for a trip to the farmers’ market.
- Drumming for the Earth! Ben Fox from ArtisTree will lead the exploration of the rhythms of healing, cultural connections & the magic of the drum circle.
Ben Fox is Program Coordinator and lead Teacher for our Celebrate the Earth camp. Ben is a Licensed Expressive Art Therapist. He attended the Rhode Island School of Design & The Pilchuck Glass School; his undergraduate degree is from Hamilton College in Studio Art. He recently was ordained as a Community Minister by the North Universalist Chapel Society in Woodstock, VT.