Manohar (Manny) Singh Grewal is a regional leader of the Sikh faith.
Manny was born in Jamshed Pur, Bihar India, in 1935. He immigrated to the United States in 1963. He has earned degrees in metallurgy, including Bachelors degree from BHU, Varanasi, India 1959, Masters of Metallurgical Engineering, RPI, Troy, NY, 1965, and a Doctor of Science in Material Science, MIT, Cambridge, ,MA 1971
Professional Achievements: Manny was a Research Scientist, Manager and Assistant Director at Gillette Company in Boston, MA from 1971 to 1998. He has several publications in the field of Material Science and holds three US Patents in Engineering Manufacturing Processes.
Religious Participation and Contributions in USA: Manny is the Founder president and Chair Person of the trustees for the New England Sikh Study Circle Inc. Boston MA 1990-92. He established Gurdwara Sahib, in Milford , MA in 1990. In 2003, Manny helped to establish Sikh Sabha of Upper Valley in Hanover, NH. This is a non-profit incorporated body to provide Sikh Services in NH and VT. He is currently Chair Person Of Sikh Sabha of Upper Valley, NH. From 1968 to 1990, Manny personally provided religious services to Sikhs in MASS, NH, VT, RI, and CONN, and since 1998 has been doing the same for Sikhs living in NH and VT.
Participation In National and International Organizations
- Sikh Council of North America, (1978) and was first Vice President representing the Eastern region of USA
- President of World Sikh Organization – USA Region 1985-86
- Chairperson of World Sikh Council, American Region (WSC-AR) in 2006 and 2011 Member of Regional Council of WSC-AR from 2006 – 2008 and 2010 – 2012
- Co-President World Council (Governing Board) World Conference Religions for Peace 2006 -2008
- WSC-AR National Sikh Convention Chair Person 2012
- Participated in Various Interfaith activities in MA, NY, DC and Vermont on behalf of WSC-AR
Participation In Local Town Affairs At Thetford Vermont
- Chair Person Of Ompompanoosuc Community Trust Inc., a non Profit Tax Exempt Organization 2012 to present
- Member of Senior and Affordable Housing Committee 2010 to Current
- Member of Thetford Energy Committee 2010 to Current